Back to the Frigid Weather

Posted by Wazit | Posted in | Posted on 6:02 AM

Well, well... whaddaya know? Before I know it, I'm already back in Southampton. 2 weeks pass by so quickly.... >.> The whole 2 weeks was packed with so much activities... I forget when was the last time I was this busy back in Malaysia. Basically went out with friends, went to see my grandma in Penang and went for reunion dinner with relatives during the New Year. Meh, thinking about it makes me miss Malaysia already D: Ah well, 6 more months to go till my next trip back home.


In other news, UK this week has been unforgiving, weather-wise that is. I'm sure some of you have read about it in the newspaper or heard about it in television. And let me tell you firsthand... it's freaking cold! I thought I was cold-resistant but I find myself lots of times diving under my blanket and downing hot drinks like crazy just to keep myself warm. UK radio stations have been calling this the coldest winter for the last 20 years. Imagine that... but that also means if I survive this winter, I should be able to survive forthcoming winters :D

Well snow.... it has its' pros and cons. As for pros, this is the first time I built a snowman and had a snowball fight. It's pretty fun... if you can stand the cold that is. For the cons, it's a terrible thing to be trapped outside in a snowstorm. Take it from me, I experienced it firsthand. I was walking to the hospital one morning to find out lectures been cancelled due to the snow. As I was heading back home, the snowstorm started... and there were no buses back to the halls. So yeah... was hiding myself in a supermarket for some time. Funny thing is... everything comes to a standstill when there's snow. Banks and post offices are closed and there's no teaching sessions in the hospital. Yup... free day... for two days now. Normally it would be a good thing. But it sucks when they didn't notify you that whatever's scheduled for the day has been cancelled... especially when the hospital's not nearby. Ah well... more snow pictures for you guys then!



As you can see (or can't see) there's a lot more snow this time around compared to the time before I went back to Malaysia

A real life snowman.... dressed to the brim :D There are also some other snowmans around... some with authentic carrot noses XD

Lastly... snowball fight anyone?

Well, that's all I got to say on my end. Till the next time then :D

Comments Posted (0)

Post a Comment