Wind & Rain... and Alarm Bells

Posted by Wazit | Posted in | Posted on 6:33 AM

I suppose many of you have heard before of the weather in UK. How it's gloomy and depressing, and raining all the time. Most of the claims are true, because I experienced firsthand... and it's not pleasant D: For more than a week now, the southern coast of England has been plagued by ungodly strong winds. And when there's strong winds, rain will follow... whether I am in Southampton or Portsmouth. Some of you might have heard of the floods in London and certain other areas in the UK, luckily it didn't rain THAT much... yet. The temperature here is still bearable, hovering around 10 degrees or so. Gotta be thankful since two weeks ago it dropped to below five for the whole week... was afraid it was gonna stay like that for the rest of autumn.



Even if it's just 10 degrees, the strong winds here certainly makes it more colder than what it actually is. Damn you, wind chill factor! Because of this, start to wear gloves when go out liao, make my hand look like have acromegaly. And what makes things worse is when it's raining, the strong winds make you hesitate to open the umbrella. Who would want their umbrella turned inside out? Haven't happened to me yet, but has happened to a number of my friends several times already. Thankfully, the rain here is not really like back in Malaysia. So far, never seen it rain cats and dogs yet.

On the subject of alarms, it's back to one of my most hated topics: fire alarms. Yes, that alarm placed in everyone's room which is deafeningly loud. No, this time it's not because of fire drills or smoking/drunk students, but because of cooking mishaps. Sigh... here I though I live in one of the more quiet parts of the hall complex and end up my flat ends up with the most number of fire alarm triggers so far (I think...) Counting the latest one that happened just an hour ago, there's already about 5 'real' fire alarms so far. Damn, can't people learn not to burn their cooking so much? >.>

Now, on a more happier note.... I think lots of you have seen the results of my camwhoring session about a week ago on Facebook XD Yeah, due to the week long cold spell that I talked about earlier, I was compelled to buy a more thicker jacket that can last me through the winter. And tadaa, that's how I got my leather jacket. Mind you... it's not cheap for it set me back about 88 pounds. But since it's leather, it's quite a bargain actually :D When I first bought it, I loved it so much that I couldn't resist but force my poor hapless friends to snap pictures of me wearing it XD But now that the temperature had rose since then, I haven't really got the chance to use it :( Plus, the current rainy spell would spoil it anyway. Well, that's all for now... more updates next time.

Comments Posted (0)

Post a Comment