Dorm Life

Posted by Wazit | Posted in | Posted on 10:33 PM

So, term time has been started for a week now, and it's quite an experience. I now have dorm mates, no longer have the whole corridor to myself :O Anyway, I have 2 Indians, one local African-American and a Caucasian. I did not have sleepless nights like which I have been taught to believe. Mostly, it's relatively quiet in the area where I live in. Maybe, it's because my flat is located at the farthest corner of the complex. It could be that or it could be that I sleep like a log XD. Either way, some of my friends wasn't as lucky as me. There was one whose kitchen is littered with beer bottles and another whose flat is next to a bar of some kind. And parties are a constant occasion there.


Anyway, that doesn't mean I don't have stories of my own. There was one night when I awoke to banging at my door. Not wanting to open the door, I just looked through the peephole. And there I saw a random guy whom I don't know knocking on my door. After a few minutes, the guy left and I returned to sleep later. Turns out one of my dorm mates was followed back to his room by a drunk friend of his. And that said drunk person had in his drunken state, thought that my room was his. Yeah, luckily there was no other incidences.

You see the difference of items in the kitchen between my last post and my current post? Yeah, it multiplied by a lot. And I haven't even opened the cupboards yet. Anyway, the Indians brought over quite a lot of spices to keep in the kitchen.

As you can see, the fridge is really packed to the very brim. I'm surprised it doesn't collapse under all that weight. Anyway, the freezer is not too bad, still has lots of space.

With regards to dorm life, no matter how bad you are at cooking, you will gain quite a few skills when you live by yourself. I very, very rarely cook when I was in Malaysia, but now I'm learning to cook quite a few number of dishes, even though if they're relatively simple dishes. And when you eat your own cooking, you always say they're tasty even if they aren't. XD But do learn a few cooking tips from your mom before you come over because it did prove valuable to me over here :D

Even concerning the subject of housekeeping, I find myself cleaning my room and ironing my laundry pretty regularly, even to my surprise. When I was back at home, I'm ashamed to say that I didn't even lift a finger for those matters. XD Yeah, I guess it's true that you suddenly become independent when you start living by yourself, outside the protection of your parents. I'm not saying I'm enjoying all these, but I gotta do what I gotta do. And here, I'm running out of things to mention at the moment. So, that's it for now!

Comments Posted (0)

Post a Comment