New Room!

Posted by Wazit | Posted in | Posted on 4:09 AM

Right, it's been a while since I last updated in this here blog. I didn't have that much of free time to really sit down and type out a blog post. The effort we have to put in our clinical years is many times more during preclinical years in IMU. I'm sure those in Seremban would agree, right? Anyway, here I am now finally putting aside some time for blog writing :D So, today's topic is about my new room! I just shifted from my old room to my current room last Saturday night. Reason I have to move? Because that room I lived in earlier was a pre-term accommodation and the contract ended. I have a new contract now for my current room and it's a term-time accommodation, which lasts for an academic year. Current room is 10-20 pounds per week cheaper than my old room. I will tell you the reason later. I would be lying if I say I had difficulty moving since my current room is just a few corridors away from my old room XD. It still took a few trips back and forth but I didn't have to pack my bags or anything.


Yeah, anyway let's just move on to see the new room:

Once again, start from the corridor. What I noticed was that the this corridor is slightly bigger than the old one. Don't know if it's just me... Anyway, I'm currently the only tenant here in this 6 roomed corridor :P

So, this is my room: Room 261. Old one was 274, so you see how such a short distance I shifted? XD Other friends weren't quite as lucky though.... one had to cross road to reach their new room.

Now, I have an L-shaped desk. I actually prefer this L-shaped desk because it gives me more room to maneuver when I use the corner.

And now the main improvement of my current room (at least for me)! It might not be easy to tell from the angle, but I've been upgraded to a queen sized bed! :D That's right, from a single bed to a queen size. I don't care if it takes up lots of space as it gives me room to roll around in my sleep XD

And also bigger closet! More space to store my clothes and various knick-knacks now :D As you can see also, I have a washbasin in my room. That's right... there's no toilet in my room. All the occupants in the corridor will have shared toilet facilities. That's why price is cheaper than room with toilet. Well, at least I don't have to clean toilet.

And here's the shared toilet. There's two in the corridor and both are pretty much mirror images of each other. Well, the shower space is bigger though. But now, I have to remember to lock the toilet door and my room whenever I go bath >.> Oh yeah, ignore the reflection at the shower door XD

Here's the kitchen, which is almost the same as my previous one. Anyway it's pretty amazing what you can salvage from what the previous tenants shift behind when they move out. Managed to grab a toaster, water filter and some food stuff XD

Here's the dining table, also located in the kitchen. For now, I sit alone eating here on the table.... and it can get pretty lonely... Anyway, the Things To Do poster pasted on the wall is pretty amusing. It's just too bad I couldn't get a decent shot of all the pictures.

And talking about salvaging, this rice cooker is evil. For some time, I was regretting not bringing a rice cooker here, since it's hard to get one over here. Anyway, imagine my joy when I found a rice cooker. A very useful thing that I can salvage, solving my rice shortage problem! And to my dismay..... the power cord is missing.... can't make it work.

Alright, that's all folks. Till next time... and do keep in touch.

Comments Posted (0)

Post a Comment