Winter Season

Posted by Wazit | Posted in | Posted on 3:08 AM

Alright! It's now officially more than two weeks into winter! One can tell by the decrease in temperature with every passing day. In fact, these few days the highest temperature didn't go above 5 degrees and the lowest temperature is always in the negatives. Ever since I come to Southampton, I always have to check the temperature before stepping out in order to decide what to wear the protect myself from the frigid weather, especially so during the night where the chilly wind likes to nip at your ankles. Back in Malaysia, I never ever check the temperature even though it is blazing hot... D:

Oh well, since winter has started, it can only mean one thing. Christmas is near! The Christmas spirit is reflected by the decors put up in the city center as well as some of the individual houses. Especially so at night when the city is lit up beautifully! For the past month now, there has been a German-themed fair held at the high street of the city. (German sausages anyone?) Aside from the delicacies, one can't help but admire how the stalls are lit up in the night.

Looks like pasar malam.... except with pretty lights and no sound of working generators... and it isn't as messy

Even have a merry-go-round! Didn't ride it though

Look at all the beautiful confectioneries. I can hear the girls slurping their salivas again XD

All the salt crystal lamps makes the stall quite pretty :D

Also, what comes with winter? Snow! And I thought Southampton wouldn't snow, just rain a lot. But damn, since winter started... it's already snowed twice! Still not cold enough for it to stick to the ground though... it'll quickly melt away once it touched the ground. But there's no mistake about it, it's really falling snow! Once I came back to my room to see that my head was partially covered with snow. Didn't have any pictures because my camera couldn't capture the snowflakes.

Anyway, a friend of mine urged me to stand underneath the snow, look up in the sky, close my eyes and just let the snow hit my face.... and it was during the night. Deciding to humor her, I tried it for a few minutes... before the cold got the better of me. When I told her that, she said I was unromantic... *cue blank expression* You girls ah.... think it's Winter Sonata izzit? Well, that's all for now... more tales to follow soon!

Comments Posted (0)

Post a Comment