30th Post! Winter Season is here!

Posted by Wazit | Posted in | Posted on 5:54 AM

Ah, the 30th post in my blog and what a way to remember it by being the first post of the winter season. (Disregard the last post even though it showed 1st of December, even though I clearly remembered that it was still 30th of November when I posted it) Winter barged in like a madman, making it's presence known throughout of UK, even here in the coastal city of Southampton. On the early hours of the morning of that day, the temperature has, for the first time since I came here, dropped beyond the freezing point. Overnight and for the first few hours I was awake, the temperature plummeted to a mere -2 degrees. Yes, I literally dreaded getting up from under my underneath my blanket that day. Chilly winds and below freezing point temperature would make anyone just stay in bed and forget about work/studies.... ah well.


Upon walking outside, there's lots of frost on the ground... quite a lot of it too. Covering the grass, cars and pavement... it's everywhere! No, not snow... but frost. And yes, it's different. Frost forms on the ground and doesn't fall from the sky. Had to see some people scrape the frost of their cars... must be hard work. Even the car of my friend who drives me to Portsmouth everyday has frost covering the whole side window and top of the car >.<


Well, some part of me was pretty excited that I managed to see frost form overnight for the first time. But the other part is dreading the cold that I will have to endure for the next 3 months. And the first day itself was terrible, marked by chilly winds that seep through your sweater... lucky that I already bought a jacket. Ears were so cold that I thought they would just come off though XD

Anyway, in the clinic my consultant told me that pretty soon hoar frost would be coming. Never heard of that term before, I asked him what that is. Well according to him, hoar frost are like crystals of ice that forms on trees and grass. Kinda like this...


Pretty cool eh? Would make a nice picture for a scenery shot if it happens way over here. Who knows... it might actually snow over here :D Ah well, enough of me mulling over the winter season looming over me at the moment. Next up is gonna be a report on my London trip last Saturday. Till then... :)

Comments Posted (0)

Post a Comment