Random Things to Ramble About...

Posted by Wazit | Posted in | Posted on 6:47 AM

Hello there, boys and girls. Today, I don't really have a specific topic in mind, or rather too many small things to talk about, so I lump them all together. Okay, so first topic in mind. This week has been a rather free a.k.a unproductive week. Only two out of the five days this week I was actually at the wards. Now you might be thinking that Kay Por's just a lazy ass who skipped his ward rounds or something. Well, I may be lazy but then it's mainly because my consultants whom I'm attached to are on leave for the whole week.


Reason for the leave? Something about their children's term time school stuff or something like that. Actually, more than half of the hospital's consultants are on leave if I'm not mistaken. That's why even the junior doctors would be too busy to teach us. Like one of the registrars told my friend, it's gonna be a hell of workload for them this week. I tell you, the doctors here are way more free than back in Malaysia. Mmm... I wouldn't mind the work conditions here :D



Second topic that comes to mind... the shortening daylight over in UK. Winter is approaching and the daylight times are becoming shorter and shorter. Boy, it can look like 9 pm in Malaysia when it's just 4.30 pm in Southampton. I think soon I'm gonna wake up in the dark, go to hospital, then come back also dark time. Haha, no sunlight in my life. Quite depressing if you think about it.

Interestingly enough, I felt the effect of the famous Daylight Saving Time (DST) in UK last Sunday. It's a time when the clock is turned forward one hour so that you can get more daylight. Yeah, so on last Sunday at after 1.59 am, it reverted back to 1 am. Then when one specific day in March comes along after 12.59 am, it will fast forward one hour to 2 am to balance back the time. Pretty cool, eh? Sunday I got one hour extra to sleep XD But then, imagine you wake up and you see your alarm clock and watch is different one hour compared to your handphone and laptop. (Handphone and laptop can self-adjust DST) Made me pretty muddled up about the time for half the day, constantly asking everyone what's the time.

Third topic for the day, I got myself a haircut. And this means my first haircut overseas (yeah!). All though it costs a bomb (boo!). The haircut set me back about 13.50 pounds, even with student discount D: Well it was a pretty decent haircut though and the hairstylist did a good job washing my hair. That and he took my coat off for me when I arrived and put them on for me when I was about to leave, just like a fancy restaurant service XD Interestingly enough, the hairstylist is from Malaysia as well. Too bad no fellow Malaysian discount though lol

Well have run out of things to say. Looks like I don't have that much things to say after all. Maybe next time then :D

Comments Posted (0)

Post a Comment