Hello from Southampton!

Posted by Wazit | Posted in | Posted on 5:23 AM

Hello there! A shoutout from my room in Southampton. Sorry I couldn't have got this blog updated sooner, but like many of you could tell from my occasional Facebook updates that I was busy with settling in the UK. But let's save the troubles I faced for another day, shall we? Let's take a look at my room in the halls of residence! :D But first let's go through a quick overview on the halls at Southampton. The halls in Southampton are mainly divided into two complexes, namely Glen Eyre Complex and Wessex Lane Complex. Besides these two complexes, there are other halls scattered throughout Southampton. Currently, I'm staying at Roll Court of Chancellors' Courts at Glen Eyre.


There are a few kind of different rooms available in the halls and I'm currently staying in an ensuite room, where my room has my own toilet. However, a group of people still have to share a kitchen :D On first impression, the hall I'm living in is modern, clean and pretty comfy to boot. They have an electronic locking system for each hall and sensors that turn the lights on whenever it detects someone coming in. After a certain amount of time that the sensor does not detect anyone, it turns off the lights. Same said sensor system is also in my toilet. God knows how long I fumbled around for the light switch in the toilet before I found out that it's sensor-activated. -.- Anyway, here are a few pictures to illustrate my point.

This is the hallway leading to my room. In this corridor itself, there are doors leading to 5 other rooms and also a kitchen. The door at the end is the emergency exit.

And... here's my room! Room 274! Let's open up and see....

So this is the main part of my room. It's kinda messy but what could you expect from a student room? Anyway the room has no fan so I keep my window open for so much needed air ventilation.

And this is my wardrobe! Much smaller than the one back home but it serves it's purpose

My bed, which is also smaller than the one back home. The reason it doesn't have a duvet is because I'm delaying buying one till nearer to the winter.

The bathroom which I have to clean everynow and then. Bad thing is the floor of the bathroom doesn't have a drain. Can't clean much without one. Good news is that the floor is not tiled, so less I don't need to clean so often.

The shower in the bathroom. Thank god they supply hot water! Can't imagine going through winter without it =.=


And finally the kitchen! It's pretty well equiped and clean, I have to say. The kitchen has a fridge as well as a freezer, a microwave and an oven. But still, I couldn't help but miss the good variety of food back home. And it's just one week since I arrived here! Been eating bread so much ever since I got here. =.=

And finally, the fridge with the variety of ingredients from me as well as the other residents

That's all for now! It's getting late and I gotta hit the sack. Anyway, will try to post more pictures and my experiences here so far ASAP.

Comments Posted (0)

Post a Comment